Saturday, July 9, 2011

Seems as good a time as any...

I've never been very good about starting things at the beginning of a year or on milestone dates. Sure, I have intentions of New Years resolutions, or making a new start on my birthday. They just never seem to go very well. For whatever reason, the non-conformist part of my brain believes that some random day that means little to me (or anyone else for that matter) is the best day to start something new.

So that brings us to this blog. I've had it reserved for quite awhile now. There were all sorts of "theories" and "intentions" for it, but I couldn't quite nail down how I wanted to use it. That would come from another part of my brain that always wants to know how something is going to turn out before actually trying it. Turns out that this blog is really going to be about getting that particular part of my brain to shut up.

While I don't have any illusions of being a great (or even mediocre) artist, chef or photographer, I still think there's a need inside each of us to be creative in our lives. This blog is really about me documenting the successes and failures of those creative endeavors along the way. Sort of an accountability check rather than any expectation of internet fame or fortune.

So, if you've gotten through the initial ramble (congrats, and "Hi, Mom!") I hope you come back at some point and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment