Sunday, July 10, 2011

Creativity Dump

I love to knit. Most of the time it's a relaxing process that actually helps my brain to engage for other things. Unless I'm trying to do a P3 through the back loop on something while having a conversation. That's just masochistic.

Like virtually every knitter I know, I always have multiple projects going on at once. It keeps me from getting too bored with longer projects and gives me the chance to work with various stitches and fibers. Okay, it probably also has to do with me having the attention span of a five year old on Pixie Stix most of the time as well.

One of the drawbacks of working on multiple projects is that I don't take the time to appreciate when I actually finish something.

So here's a Slouchy Spring Beret that I knit up in Multi-worsted Cotton by Blue Sky Alpaca. The fact that it's green automatically means I knit it for me. That's how things work around here.


The yarn. I bought it at my LYS (Local Yarn Store for you non-knitters), Knit Culture. It's a great cotton yarn and was nice to work with.

Spring Beret
The finished hat. I was really happy with how this turned out. It only took me a few days to finish and was a fun knit overall.

Future Attraction:


This is yarn that my mom picked out for a scarf for herself. I'll post progress pics since she already knows (sort of) what the finished product will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment